Thursday, 17 December 2009

Where do our designers come from?

Ever since I started telling family and friends I was involved in the start-up of a Online Fashion Retail company, a question has come up rather frequently
Where do you find your designers?
So here in this blog I'm going to tell you one of the stories of how we found our designers.

June 2009
A friend once told me that every year there is a week of fashion shows - Graduate Fashion Week - showcasing collections of Fashion Design finalists from universities all over the country. Yes, ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. So this year I decided to go and do a bit of scouting! ;)

First off was the University of Northampton show! Here’s where we found Anna Burachevskaya! Here is one of the outfits that caught our eyes!


Now wouldn’t you want to wear that puffy skirt with the big purple ribbon to a party and stand out from a crowd? What’s more special with this outfit is that you wouldn’t be able to find it anywhere else – it’s unique!! And Anna was just finishing uni then. Now that’s talent!!
So then the week just went on with more fashion shows and more impressive outfits. It was a shame I couldn’t have gone to all of the shows or post all the pictures to show you all of the other amazing designs now (some tasters for you below though!) but then I did pick up loads of CVs and cards from other designers – whom I got in touch afterwards and now they’re designing for us! The clothes are as unique and fabulous – I promise! So if you’re as interested in Anna’s clothes as I am then do come back to this site often and we’ll show you her latest collection and where to get them!! And of course our many more other designers!!! I’ll leave you to drool for now……

vonne xxx

















No comments:

Post a Comment